Monday, June 17, 2013

It starts. :)

I'll be honest, everything from the last few days is pretty much a blur. It's a lot of work to move across the country and start a new job and have a whole new set of roommates and coworkers! Unbelievable, I know.

So here are some highlights. :)

On Wednesday, after a two day drive down, Nathan and I headed to Casting for check-in, which was basically turning in a lot of paperwork and reviewing of the most basic policies. And then to the airport for goodbyes. :( It was such a long day.

Thursday and Friday I had off, so I finished unpacking and did grocery shopping, things like that.

Saturday was Disney Traditions. the Walt Disney World (WDW) onboarding class! We got visited by the boss himself, Mickey! Plus a quick trip through part of Magic Kingdom. Overall, another long day but much more fun this time.

Also, my roommate Emily, another intern Ashley, and myself went to play in Magic Kingdom in the afternoon! It was pretty rainy, but that just meant that the park cleared out and lines were short! We got through seven attractions in three hours, including 3 I had never done before and big ones like Pirates and Space Mountain... and my most favorite, Haunted Mansion.
OH and the best part of this little trip was when we were riding Goofy's Barnstormer, a little roller coaster. I was in a seat by myself, and the guy in front of me lost his hat a few seconds after the big drop... Fortunately, it landed right in my lap so I grabbed it and held onto it until the end of the ride. I'm a great Cast Member already. :)

Sunday was onboarding for Animals, Science, and the Environment programs. Lots of sitting, listening, and learning more about how the company works.

Today was "DAKlimation" and onboarding for Conservation Education Presenters, which is my official role here! In the morning we did a walking tour of Disney's Animal Kingdom (DAK) and learned all the stories that go along with each area (one of my favorite things about WDW is that nearly ever detail- and there are lots of little details- is part of a larger, creative story). In the afternoon we started learning more about our role and our coworkers.

Here is the adorable costume I will be wearing:


We're Wilderness Explorers like Russell (and Dug) from "Up"!!
The wilderness must be explored - caw caw- rawr!!

We have a couple more very long days coming up consisting of on the job training, so I'll update when I can. But thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment