Sunday, June 23, 2013

Adventure is out there!

We're on to week two of training!

On Tuesday and Wednesday of last week we started our Presenter (or Wilderness Explorer Troop Leader, which sounds a lot more fun) training. We learned about the different bugs and animals we'd be talking about, the activities we'd be leading, and general information about interpretation. The keepers from Invertebrates and from "The Oasis" areas also came to tell us about their specific animals. It was all really interesting. We also got tours around the park, so we're all sort of starting to get oriented. Tomorrow we get to wander around on our own and try to find important things like bathrooms, first aid, etc.

On Thursday we had a day off, so Emily, Katherine, Ashley, and I went to play at Epcot! We rode Mission: Space and explored The Seas with Nemo and Friends. Most of the other big rides had very long lines and no Fast Passes, so we spent the rest of the afternoon walking through World Showcase. And getting rained on. The one day we don't have our rain gear, of course.


Some of the critters at The Seas with Nemo and Friends.

We ate dinner in the Mexico showcase and then headed to Downtown Disney to go bowling. Except we didn't go bowling, because it's "luxury" bowling and really expensive! So the other girls let me go pin trading. I'm becoming obsessed with pin trading. (Google "Disney pin trading" for more information.)

A Bambi Vinylmation that cost $1,200! ... I still want it.

On Friday we heard from the Primate keepers, finished our tour of the park, did some quick presentations (I did mine on birding), and played "Jeopardy" to prepare for our assessment tomorrow! I'm not really worried about it. :)

Yesterday, Emily, Katherine, and I went to see Monsters University. It was a really cute movie and I do recommend seeing it! We ate lunch in Downtown Disney and then I spent the rest of the afternoon lazing around my apartment.

Today we went to Animal Kingdom to ride the rides and see the shows (basically the stuff farthest removed from our jobs). We rode Dinosaurs (a favorite!), Primeval Whirl, Expedition Everest, and saw Finding Nemo: The Musical and Festival of the Lion King. I also bough giraffe patterned Mickey ears! And we met Russell and Dug from Up!! It was a great day.

Dinosaur!

Katherine, Dug, Emily, Russell, and me! We're doing the Wilderness Explorer call!

I'm going to spend the rest of tonight studying for our assessment tomorrow. We finish up training and start shadowing this week! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment